For a moment I was still

A couple of days ago, my mind was still for few moments and since then I have been chasing that feeling.

I don’t know what it was or where it came from but that stillness consumed me and I had never felt this light before.

For the context, I am an overthinker. I have been guilty of analysis paralysis in the past….5secs. My mind races all the time and it feels like there are multiple radio stations broadcasting thoughts or rather rapping them at Eminem supersonic (Yes I used him as a unit of speed). That is the reason this moment of stillness, that came out of nowhere, means so much to me. The way I like to think about it is as though my mind was in the midst of switching its polarity and right that moment when there is no north or south pole, that was the moment I felt. No magnetism. Then it all came rushing back.

I’ll go on a different tangent here and talk about another thing that I think about a lot. Why was Leonardo DaVinci so good at so many things. Mona Lisa is the most famous painting he ever made but he was least bothered about art. He was a biologist, physicist, mathematician, a science guy and he was good at all of them. were he and people like him just freaks of nature or is it just the time we live in that doesn’t allow us to just sit and ponder. 

Maybe that’s the reason I am still chasing that moment, that was too tranquil. And as that moment left it set a fear in me that I’ll never be able to experience that again. So, I decided to do something about it. I promised myself that I’ll put a gate on the inputs my mind is receiving. No more random amusement videos, no mindless scrolling and everything needs to be intentional. If I turn the chatter faucet off and let my mind deal with old ideas because let’s be real, with so much stimulation practice it will do these things out of habit. And once I tire out my mind with these old rehashed Ideas, I think, eventually it will go still.

 

Find your stillness grasshopper!

Comments